Every year I talk about how difficult it is to choose which works to nominate for the Pushcart Prize and that’s because each year it gets harder. This year I was saved from truly heartbreaking decisions by two things:
- Eileen Wiedbrauk is nominating from Fae which meant I only had to pick from within Niteblade & A is for Apocalypse
- Alexandra Seidel, the poetry editor at Niteblade helped me make the poetry-based decisions.
In the end I nominated three works from A is for Apocalypse and three works from Niteblade.
From Niteblade Magazine we nominated:
- The Bitter Gourd’s Fate by Anne Carly Abad (June 2014)
- Godfather by Megan Arkenberg (March 2014)
- Bird Girl by Beth Cato (March 2014)
From A is for Apocalypse I nominated:
- F is for Finale by Suzanne van Rooyen
- N is for Nanomachine by C.S. MacCath
- U is for Umbrella by Damien Angelica Walters
Congratulations, ladies. And good luck!