About couple years ago I made the very difficult decision to shelve my novel, Shadows. Not because I didn’t love it (I did) but because while it still needed work I was far too close to it to be able to see exactly what direction that would should take, and how to fix it. Then, not so long ago, I dusted it off a little in my “spare” time and tweeked it a bit. After two years away from it I was much more able to see what needed to be changed. So I made the changes, got it as good as I could on my own and then submitted it to World Weaver Press.
They liked it!
In fact, they bought it 🙂
I’m super stoked. My novel, Shadows*, has been accepted for publication by World Weaver Press in 2015!
I’ve got my editorial letter for it, and the manuscript is due in November so between editing Shadows, transcribing Hollow, promoting Fae & A is for Apocalypse and reading for Corvidae and Scarecrow I am going to be freaking busy for the next few months, but I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am about it. It’s a good kind of swamped. The best kind of stressed.
Also, did I mention I’ve already received my editorial letter? It’s my very first one ever, which makes me a little giddy and the suggestions are dead on. Just reading it got me totally excited about working on Shadows again and making it even more amazing than it already is 🙂
For those of you who are familiar with my Aphanasian stories, you’ll be pleased to hear this book includes all your favourites (Colby, Xavier, Shadow, Bayne & Teyat). Michael (from Sister Margaret) is back, and there are some characters who may become new favourites as well. You’re going to love it. But you don’t get to read it until sometime in 2015. In the meantime, just be very happy for me… and forgive me if I’m even slower than usual at replying to emails. It’s gonna be crazy around here for a bit LoL
*We’re looking at changing the title to better reflect the changes in the story. I’ll keep you updated 😉
**The art for this post is ‘Long Journey of a Girl’ by Darek Zabrocki. I commissioned it to use for the cover of Lost and Found. Once he was done Darek put up a tutorial on how he created it, which you can see here if you’re curious to see how the artwork was developed 🙂