I got tagged to do a meme similar to this not that long ago, but here I am again. There is a meme to share 25 random facts about yourself floating around Facebook and I posted this there as well, but really, I want to add some more content to this blog so I’m sharing it here too. Maybe someone will find some of it interesting 🙂
If you’ve done something similar to this on your blog please leave me a line in the comments (or via email). I’d love to pop over and see. I really do enjoy reading these ‘random facts’ blog entries.
25 Things About Me 🙂
1. I am flattered anytime someone tags me for a meme. This one or any other.
2. I used to love riding horses but I haven’t been on one in twenty years.
3. I am ridiculously competitive. Often about the silliest things. I -know- it’s crazy but somehow that doesn’t seem to make it stop. Once in a while I can harness this power for good, though not often enough.
4. The first time I got drunk I was 13 and in a graveyard.
5. I am an atheist.
6. I almost qualified #5 with ‘This does not make me a bad person or mean I don’t believe in anything.’ I am irritated at that impulse.
7. I am in my second year of my degree. I hope to finish the damn thing before I’m 40. I’m 32 now.
8. If I won any significant amount of money I would blow most of it traveling. I want to see as much of the world as I can before I die.
9. I’m unlikely to ever win any money because I don’t play the lotteries. I suppose that means I’ll just have to earn it.
10. Jo and I got married on October 31st. It was a very small ceremony and most of the people there (including ourselves and Danica) were wearing costumes. Jo and Danica were pirates, I was a wench.
11. I chew my nails.
12. Before World of Warcraft absconded with all my free time, I used to sew quilts and do cross stitch. I miss that sometimes and occasionally think I need to create a ‘Warcraft-free’ evening to get back to it. So far that hasn’t happened.
13. The only television shows I watch anymore are Doctor Who, Being Erica and Law and Order (repeats that are on while I use my stationary bike). I don’t have time for more…see #12 for details LOL
14. I like being in my thirties more than I ever liked being in my twenties.
15. I have more book and stories ideas than I will ever have time to write. This truly makes me sad, but I suspect it may be universal among writers.
16. I have a pretty big inferiority complex about my poetry.
17. Probably 80% of the time I am on my computer my cat, Absinthe, is sitting on me, purring. Sometimes she is on my lap, more often than not, however, she is on my shoulders. I love this beyond words, even if it does sometimes make typing (or playing World of Warcraft) difficult. It’s even better when she nudges me with her head 🙂
18. Once upon a time we ‘inherited’ five kittens which were tiny and had to be fed with syringes every four hours. It was worse than when Danica was a baby because there was only one of her, and she didn’t need to be stimulated to pee. I thought I was going to have a breakdown and then Jo made me lay on the floor and let the kittens out of the dog carrier we had them sleep in. They tumbled out and ran all over me. There is nothing like a ‘kitten massage’ to restore you.
19. Absinthe was one of those kittens and one of the reasons I chose to keep her is because she liked me as much as (or maybe even more than) she liked Jo. All our other cats had worshiped Jo, so this was a pretty big thing. It may also relate back to #3.
20. I don’t have a favorite color.
21. I love sushi.
22. I wish I could think of more interesting or clever things to put here. Alas, I cannot.
23. If I didn’t have a daughter in school and a husband with a day job I would totally be nocturnal — or at least a lot more than I am now. In bed at three or four and up at noon sounds blissful to me.
24. Insomnia and I are well-acquainted. I suspect this may in part be related to #23.
25. I love Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. I listen to the soundtrack when work is being particularly monotonous and threatening my sanity. It helps 🙂
I’m supposed to tag people now…but I’m not going to LOL