Every year I struggle to pick which six works to nominate for the Pushcart Prize. This year my job was made marginally easier after I spoke to Bill Henderson and learned I could nominate six works from both Niteblade and Poise and Pen. Yay! Still, it was a difficult decision-making process even so but I am excited to nominate the following works for the 2016 Pushcart Prize.
On behalf of Niteblade Magazine I nominated:
- Candy, Shoe, and Skull; Sallow Flowers Plucked Like Chains by Eileen Wiedbrauk (March 2015)
- What Happened Among the Stars by Beth Cato (June 2015)
- Small Necessary Things by Angela Enos (June 2015)
- Sorry were those your sneakers? by Anne Carly Abad (September 2015)
- The Children of Monsters by Matthew Meade (September 2015)
- The Cicadas of Okinawa by Stephanie Lorée (September 2015)
And from Poise and Pen’s anthology, B is for Broken, published in May 2015 I nominated:
- C is for Change by C.S. MacCath
- F is for Founder by Megan Arkenberg
- G is for Glass by Gary B. Phillips
- O is for Oneiroi by Michael M. Jones
- S is for Soliloquy by Damien Angelica Walters
- V is for Vendémiaire by L.S. Johnson
Congratulations to our (and all) nominees, and good luck!