Yesterday I opened to submissions for Equus. Today I’d like to make sure that everyone knows how to submit and what happens once you do 🙂
To Submit to Equus:
- Click the button below or go here –> http://niteblade.submittable.com/submit
- Read the guidelines one last time just to make sure you haven’t missed anything.
- Click on the orange ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the form.
- Upload your story file (which does not have your name anywhere on it).
- Click submit.
What Happens After You Submit to Equus:
- You will be redirected to a confirmation page that says your submission has been successfully submitted.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your submission was received. This email will contain a link you can follow to check the status of your submission at any time.
- My amazing submissions wrangler will check your submission to make sure your name doesn’t appear anywhere on the story file.
- If your name is on the story file, they will reject your story and ask that you re-submit with an anonymous story file. If this happens please do resubmit! We understand mistakes happen and I really do want to read your story… but I want to read it blind.
- If your name is not on the story file, they will assign it to me to read.
- I will read your story blind and respond one of three ways — I will pass on the story, shortlist it or ask you to revise and resubmit
- And we will take it from there 🙂
This is going to be the final title in the Magical Menageries series and I want to go out with a bang! One of the keys to having a really awesome anthology is having a lot of really awesome stories to choose from, so please submit, and send me your best work.